CREATING A NETWORK OF NETWORKS
In an era dominated by digital devices and online connections, ensuring digital safety is a wide-reaching problem. As technology continues to evolve, so do the threats associated with it. Collaborative efforts within communities play a crucial role in promoting and sustaining a secure digital environment for all citizens.
This month we are exploring benefits of collaborative initiatives to strengthen digital safety within communities.
- Knowledge Sharing and Awareness: This collective awareness empowers community members to make informed decisions and navigate the digital landscape more securely. Digital Safety CIC can provide subject matter experts and specialists in all areas of digital safety and are supported by academia working on research and development.
- Educational Initiatives: Covering basic cyber hygiene and tips to advanced security measures. Digital Safety CIC offer delivery sessions and workshops, covering a wide range of topics including Cyber Security for SMEs, Digital Safety tips for parents and carers, online gaming, and fraud prevention.
- Resource Pooling: Communities that collaborate on digital safety initiatives can pool together resources to invest in robust cybersecurity infrastructure. This includes tools, software, and systems that can detect and prevent digital threats effectively. By sharing these resources, communities can create a more resilient defence against evolving digital risks. Digital Safety CIC have a network of networks, to innovate, train and reimagine how digital safety can work for everyone.
- Support Networks: Cyber safety concerns can be overwhelming for individuals facing them alone. Whether it’s a local online safety group or a forum where members can share their experiences, having a support network helps individuals navigate challenges, seek advice, and find solutions to digital safety issues. Digital Safety CIC can help you find that network.
- Crisis Response and Incident Management: In the unfortunate event of a cybersecurity incident, collaborative communities are better equipped to respond swiftly and effectively. Shared knowledge and resources enable a coordinated response, minimising the impact of the incident and facilitating a faster recovery process.
The North East Business Resilience Centre can provide 24/7 cyber security support to SMEs. They are a police-led, not-for-profit organisation.
- Fostering a Culture of Responsibility: When individuals recognise their role in creating a secure online environment, they are more likely to adopt and promote responsible digital behaviour. This culture shift contributes to the overall resilience of the community against digital threats. Digital Safety CIC’s mission is “To help make the UK the safest place to live and work online. Empowering through leadership, compassion and digital citizenship enabling businesses and our communities to live safely online every day” BARBARA SPOONER MBE
In an interconnected digital world, the benefits of collaborative efforts in promoting digital safety within communities are huge and transformative. By working together, communities can build a resilient defence against cyber threats, educate members, recommend policies, and create a supportive environment where everyone plays a role in fostering a secure digital landscape. Digital Safety CIC’s ethos empowers collaboration with academia and industry as the key to ensuring the safety and well-being of our communities online.